Experience : 2 to 5 years
ARB is searching for an architect to manage our contract design department. The successful
candidate will develop, evaluate, and manipulate designs to meet the client's needs. In
addition, the ideal candidate should be open to contributing designs to our online repository of
residential blueprints. Our focus is on energy-efficient designs, so we're looking for a
licensed architect with green building experience. Our team of dedicated architects is
interested in meeting with candidated that are looking for an excting opportunity to join a
growing team. You should be able to take ownership of your project, be it the design and
construction of a new building, an extension, alterations or a restoration project, and deliver
on the client's requirements.
To be successful in this position you should be able to visualize space in three dimensions,
have a good understanding of construction technologies, and be an effective project manager. An
outstanding Architect will have strong interpersonal skills, demonstrate superior technical
design skills and be able to create designs that are functional, creative, and sustainable.
Architects Responsibilities :
- Meeting with clients and determining their needs and requirements.
- Managing design projects from concept development through to completion.
- Developing and presenting project proposals.
- Adjusting designs and plans to meet the client's needs.
- Preparing drawings, blueprints, specifications, and construction documents.
- Conducting research and compiling reports on feasibility and environmental impact.
- Complying with safety standards and local planning regulations.
- Determining and adhering to budgets and timelines.
- Managing project teams and collaborating with other construction professionals.
Architect Requirements :
- Degree in architecture or a related field.
- Previous experience as an Architect preferred.
- Excellent technical drawing skills.
- Strong communication and project management skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and software programs such as AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe
Suite, Newforma, etc.
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of building codes and regulatory standards.
- Strong creative and visualization skills.
Architect Qualifications / Skills:
- Ability to provide elegant and efficient design solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work under indirect supervision
- Effective interpersonal skills and collaborative management style to include teamwork
- building ability
- Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills
- Technically creative and open-minded